Monday 6 July 2009


I have been feeling pretty lost lately. Like I'm running on autopilot. I do this when I need to turn off my feelings, but usually they catch up with me and pretty quick.I guess i'm not the strong silent types i always aspired to be. The strong and the silent are both adjectives that i've come to realize don't in the least apply to me.

Lost is perhaps one of the most frightening words in the English language.I've been feeling 'lost' lately, in transition, and uncertain of my direction in life, a feeling as if I am standing on a microcosm of the earth's land plates, with my left foot on one and my right foot on another, not quite sure if they will move together or split apart.

Every relationship develops at its own pace--don't fast forward to being "soul mates" or "best friends forever" just because things feel great. We cherish the novelty of it all, and the excitement of having something new, because it'll never be new again. Part of the reason we get disproportionately excited sometimes is because we tend to "idealize" a person in the very beginning. When you first meet someone who you have a connection with, it's so easy to get lost in fantasies of how awesome your friendship or relationship might be, but with those fantasies come high expectations, and sometimes those expectations are unrealistic! We need to remind ourselves that this new person is human, which means they're not perfect.

Remembering this game of Lost and Found is like realizing that neither can occur without the other, each is a required part of the game. Like Hide and Seek, one person hides so the other can find them. Both parts are crucial for the game to continue. No side is more important than the other. It's All Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment