Friday 26 December 2008

Rohan Shrugged.

Ann Rynd. According to some, one of the greatest writer of our century. As it happens, i include myself in that number [The some, not the writers]. You go through life with this small voice in the back of your head that says you're not doing anything with life. I think the worst possible indication of a fruitless day is when you go to sleep at the end of the day and you lie awake in bed waiting for sleep. That's why childhood is said to be the best part of your life i guess. Immediate sleep. Anyways, its that whole feeling of pointlessness [ compounded with our wonderful education system which leaves us with a fulfilled feeling] that she tries to fight. If you haven't read any of her books, the basic concept is that the only way to live is to what you're passionate about. The problem I've had with implementing this is to find what to be passionate about . I know people whose life is music, sports, even writing. The only thing I'm passionate about is money [yes, yes. I'm madu] , both how to make it and spend it. I do engineering without the slightest interest and now i plan to do an MBA without the slightest motivation except they're the easiest paths to making money. Wonder sometimes if this really the best way to spend the currency of my time.
What happens if you cant find something to be passionate about in your entire life? Is that why people make up by finding a someone.
Maybe that's what all relationships are. A desire to matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment